Hand Gun Matches
2019 Event dates:
- May 18 – Saturday, 8am to 12pm
- June 15 – Saturday, 8am to 12pm
- July 20 – Saturday, 8am to 12pm
- August 17 – Saturday, 8am to 12pm
- September 14 – Saturday, 8am to 11am, with Awards banquet 11am to 12pm in Bar
Course of Fire:
- Short (7yd.) — two 5-round series shooting at five different bulleyes on one target sheet. Round will be timed, 15/sec/series
- Med (10yd) — two 5-round series shooting at five different bulleyes on one target sheet. Round will be timed, 15/sec/series
- Long (12yd) — two 5-round series shooting at single bullseye on one single target sheet. Round will be timed, 15/sec/series
Total of six (6) series of 5-rounds for 30 rounds.
- Rimfire "Iron Sites" – all types of guns, semi auto or revolver
- Rimfire "Optics" – Red Dots or Scopes, all types of guns
- Centerfire Revolver
- Centerfire Semi Auto
- Compact (New for 2017) – all types of guns, semi auto or revolver
- Shooters participating in at least 4 of the 5 matches qualify for the handgun league awards for "Top Shooter" that will be presented at the year-end banquet
- Shooters can qualify for year-end awards with only one gun per class
- There is no restriction on the number of rounds per gun or per class
- Scoring will be done using the numerical values on the targets
- In the case of a tied numerical score Bullseyes will be used as the tie breakers
- The shooters top score for the day per class will be used for event and year end awards scoring
- No restrictions on sights, triggers, or calibers used
- Shooters may shoot with either 1-hand or 2-hand grip/holds
- Any/all common handgun stances will be allowed
- Shooters may NOT use any part of shooting station for stability
- Revolvers can be fired as either single or double action
- Shouldered or braced firearms will NOT be allowed, regardless of classification
- Cost per each match round is $3 – this includes "reshoots"
- Proceeds pay for targets and awards presented at end-of-season banquet
- Any excess proceeds will be returned to DBCL treasury at year end
- Course of fire may change each month, depending on input and approval of DBCL Board
- All DBCL Safety Procedures will be in effect.
- All commands and decisions of range officer(s) are final.
- No handling of any uncased firearms while anyone is down range.
- Guns may only be loaded on firing line, at the command of the range officer(s).
- Magazines may be pre-loaded, but out of firearms until range officer(s) commands.
- Any firearms or ammunition that range officer(s) deems unsafe will be removed from event.
- After shooting, do not leave the line until your gun is certified empty and clear by a range officer.
Range officer commands:
- "To the firing line" – Move into position at the shooting station
- "Prepare 5 Rounds" – Load your magazine or set up revolver rounds
- "Load 5 Rounds" – Insert magazine and load chamber – load rounds in revolvers
- "Shooter’s Ready?" – Acknowledge you are ready or request more preparation time
- "Standby" – Raise firearm to shooting position and aim
- "FIRE" – Begin firing for the 15 second time period
- "CEASE FIRE" – Quit firing and set firearm down with muzzle downrange
- "Unload and show clear" – Remove magazine, empty chamber, and lock action open
- "Insert chamber flags" – Put a chamber flag into the barrel to show the gun is unloaded
- "Set or Move Targets" – Once light/bell on and range officer(s) indicates; set or move targets
- "Case and clear station" – Gather up your unloaded firearm, ammunition, etc. and clear station