High Power Rifle Matches
High Power Rifle
High Power Rifle has been shot in competition since the late 1800’s with the famed National Matches at Camp Perry, Ohio the well-known focus of the shooting year.
A High Power match is shot from Prone, Sitting and Offhand (standing), with both slow and rapid fire stages. It often includes 50 rounds fired but can go up to 100.
Typically shot at 200-600 yards, we shoot on the 200 yard range with reduced size targets. (Learn to think of 200 yards as short range!)
The yearly DBCL New Shooters Match gives shooters a chance to try the sport.
DBCL members have the opportunity to just have fun shooting in local matches, or shoot at the State and National Matches including support of, and participate on, the WI State team at Camp Perry.
All matches are open to club members, guests, and non-members.
2019 Match Schedule, Click the links for details
- April 27, Firing starts at 8:00 AM: New Shooters Match
- May 22, Firing starts at 5:00 PM: High Power Club Match
- June 12, Firing starts at 5:00 PM: High Power Club Match
- July 3, Firing starts at 5:00 PM: High Power Club Match
- July 24, Firing starts at 5:00 PM: High Power Club Match
- August 14, Firing starts at 5:00 PM: High Power Club Match
- August 17, Firing starts at 9:00 AM: CMP As-Issued Military Rifle Match
- September 14, Firing starts at 9:00 AM: WI State Reduced Course Championship Match