Hunter Rifle Silhouette
DBCL Hunter Rifle Silhouette Match - 200 Yard Range
Dates and Times for 2019
- Sunday March 24th – 9AM to 2PM
- Sunday April 14th – 9AM to 2PM
- Sunday May 5th – 9Am to 2PM
- Sunday June 16th – 9Am to 2PM
- Sunday July 14th – 9AM to 2PM
- Sunday August 11th – 9Am to 2PM
- Sunday September 8th - 9AM to 2PM
- Sunday October 6th – 9Am to 2PM
Banquet 2PM to 4PM after last match in the bar, Pizza, Soda, Beer, and prizes
The Hunter Rifle Silhouette Match is a casual and fun shooting activity designed for the informal shooter. It is a great way to meet your fellow club members, engage in friendly competition, mentor a young or new shooter, talk shooting and enjoy the outdoors while giving you a reason to dust off your favorite or neglected hunting or plinking rifle. This match is open to non-members. ALL RANGE SAFETY RULES will be observed. Read them and follow them please.
Hunter Rifle Silhouette Course of Fire
5 Standard Rifle Silhouette Targets are placed at 4 ranges.
Rim Fire: Chicks @ 25, Pigs @50, Turkeys @75 and Rams @100 (yards)
Center Fire: Chicks @ 50, Pigs @100, Turkeys @150 and Rams @200 (meters)
Hunter Rifle Silhouette Match
The shooter is allowed one shot at each silhouette target and up to 60 seconds at each range. All ranges except 200 meter are shot OFF HAND. 200 meter targets may be shot off hand, sitting, kneeling or prone without mechanical support. Match score: total silhouettes down. (4 sets of 5 targets, or 20 rounds)
Prairie Silhouette Match
This is a simulated Prairie Dog shoot, shot while standing, prone or seated at a bench. Shooting sticks, bipod or blocks/bags allowed. The shooter is allowed one shot at 5 silhouette targets at 4 ranges, shooting continuously from nearest to farthest range. Match score: total silhouettes down and total time. (4 sets of 5 targets, or 20 rounds)
Double Dog Dare Match ( a.k.a. D3)
This is an extended simulated Prairie Dog shoot, shot while standing, prone or seated at a bench. Shooting sticks, bipod or blocks/bags allowed. The shooter is allowed one shot at the first set of 5 silhouette targets at 4 ranges, shooting continuously from nearest to farthest range, a required magazine change, then shooting the second set of 5 silhouette targets at 4 ranges returning from farthest to nearest range. Match score: total silhouettes down and total time. (8 sets of 5 targets, or 40 rounds)
Any hunting or plinking rifle excluding magnum calibers, 22 magnums or 17 rim fires. Any action types (bolt, single shot, semi auto, or lever) are allowed. You may compete with either iron sights or scope. Slings are allowed. PLEASE, NO PENETRATING AMMO, due to potential TARGET DAMAGE!
- All DBCL Safety Procedures will be in effect.
- All firearms must be uncased and cased in front of the RED line on a bench.
- ALL uncased Firearms must have a chamber flag inserted and magazine removed when not in use, Chamber flags are available and will be provided.
- Eye and ear protection is required for everyone during the HRS Match unless range bell in ON.
- All commands and decisions of Range Officer(s) are final.
- No handling of any uncased firearms while Range light and bell are ON or while anyone is down range.
- Firearms may only be loaded on firing line, at the command of the Range Officer(s).
- Magazines may be pre-loaded, but kept out of firearms until Range Officer(s) commands.
- Any firearms or ammunition that Range Safety Officer(s) deems unsafe will be removed from event.
- After shooting, do not leave the line until your gun is verified empty and clear by a Range Officer.
Range Officer commands:
- "Shooter to the line" - Move into position at the shooting station.
- "You May Load" - Load your magazine or set up revolver rounds.
- "Shooter’s Ready?" - Acknowledge you are ready or request more preparation time.
- "Standby" - Position firearm in a shooting position.
- "FIRE" - Begin firing.
- "CEASE FIRE" - Quit firing and set firearm down with muzzle downrange.
- "Unload and show clear" - Remove magazine, empty chamber, lock action open. Present for verification. once verified clear.
- "Flag and Rack your Firearm" - Place chamber flag in chamber and firearm in the RACK.
- "Clear Station: - Clear station of ammunition, magazines etc. Move behind RED line.
- "Re-Set Targets" - Once Range light and bell are ON and range officer indicates; re-set targets.