Hunter Rifle Silhouette
DBCL Hunter Rifle Silhouette Match - 200 Yard Range
The Hunter Rifle Silhouette Match is based on NRA Rifle Silhouette Rules, with adaptation to the DBCL 200 yard range. The HRS Match is focused on providing a challenging activity for the experienced shooter as well as a relaxed event for the less experienced and youth shooter. Friendly environments to meet your fellow club members, engage in friendly competition, develop skills, mentor a young or new shooter, and enjoy the outdoors. This match is a great reason to dust off your favorite or neglected hunting or plinking rifle.
This match is open to all DBCL members and non-members.
ALL RANGE SAFETY RULES will be observed. PLEASE read them, understand and follow them.
Dates and Times for 2021
- Sunday March 21st – 9AM to 2PM
- Sunday April 18th – 9AM to 2PM
- Sunday May 22nd – 9Am to 2PM
- Sunday June 20th – 9Am to 2PM
- Sunday July 18th – 9AM to 2PM
- Sunday August 22nd – 9Am to 2PM
- Sunday September 12th - 9AM to 2PM
- Sunday October 10th – 9Am to 2PM
Banquet 2PM to 4PM after last match in the bar, Pizza, Soda, Beer, and prizes
Hunter Rifle Silhouette Course of Fire
5 Standard Rifle Silhouette Targets are placed at 4 ranges.
Rim Fire, 3/8 scale: Chicks @ 25, Pigs @50, Turkeys @75 and Rams @100 (yards)
Center Fire, 1/2 scale: Chicks @ 50, Pigs @100, Turkeys @150 and Rams @200 (meters)
Hunter Rifle Silhouette Match
The shooter is allowed one shot at each silhouette target and up to 2-1/2 minutes at each range. All ranges except 200 meter must be shot OFF HAND. 200 meter targets may be shot off hand, sitting, kneeling or prone without mechanical rifle support. Match score: total silhouettes down. (4 sets of 5 targets, or 20 rounds)
Prairie Silhouette Match
This is a simulated Prairie Dog shoot, shot while standing, prone or seated at a bench. Shooting sticks, bipod or blocks/bags allowed. The shooter is allowed one shot at 5 silhouette targets at 4 ranges, shooting continuously from nearest to farthest range. Match score: total silhouettes down and total time. (4 sets of 5 targets, or 20 rounds)
Double Dog Dare Match ( a.k.a. D3)
This is an extended simulated Prairie Dog shoot, shot while standing, prone or seated at a bench. Shooting sticks, bipod or blocks/bags allowed. The shooter is allowed one shot at the first set of 5 silhouette targets at 4 ranges, shooting continuously from nearest to farthest range, a required magazine change, then shooting the second set of 5 silhouette targets at 4 ranges returning from farthest to nearest range. Match score: total silhouettes down and total time. (8 sets of 5 targets, or 40 rounds)
Any hunting or plinking rifle excluding magnum calibers, 22 magnums or 17 rim fires are allowed to shoot Centerfire targets. Any action types (bolt, single shot, semi auto, or lever) are allowed. You may compete with either iron sights or scope. Slings are allowed. PLEASE, NO PENETRATING AMMO, due to potential TARGET DAMAGE!
- All DBCL Safety Procedures will be in effect.
- Range bell and RED line rules MUST be followed at all times!
- All firearms must be uncased and cased in front of the RED line on a bench.
- ALL uncased Firearms must have a chamber flag inserted and magazine removed when not in use, Chamber flags are available and will be provided.
- Eye and ear protection is required for everyone during the HRS Match unless range bell in ON. Remember, we are shooting steel targets.
- All commands and decisions of Range Officer(s) are final.
- No handling of any uncased firearms while Range light and bell are ON or while anyone is down range.
- Firearms may only be loaded on firing line, at the command of the Range Officer(s).
- Magazines should be pre-loaded, but kept out of firearms until Range Officer(s) commands. You may load magazines while the range bell is on.
- Any firearms or ammunition that Range Safety Officer(s) deems unsafe will be removed from event. This includes ant steel core penetrating ammo.
- After shooting, you may leave the line only after your gun is verified empty and clear by a Range Officer. A chamber flag must be inserted before your firearm leaves the line.
Range Officer commands:
- "Shooter to the line" - Move into position at the shooting station.
- "You May Load" - Load your magazine or set up revolver rounds.
- "Shooter’s Ready?" - Acknowledge you are ready or request more preparation time.
- "Standby" - Position firearm in a shooting position.
- "FIRE" - Begin firing.
- "CEASE FIRE" - STOP firing and set firearm down with muzzle downrange.
- "Unload and show clear" - Remove magazine, empty chamber, lock action open. Present for verification.
- "Flag and Rack your Firearm" - Place chamber flag in chamber and firearm in the RACK.
- "Clear Station: - Clear station of ammunition, magazines etc. Move behind RED line.
- "Re-Set Targets" - Once Range light and bell are ON and range officer indicates; please assist in re-set targets.