Hand Gun Matches
2021 Event dates:
- April 24, 2021 – "Ladies Only Match" Saturday, 9:00 am to 11:00 pm
- May 15, 2021 – Saturday, 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
- June 19, 2021 – Saturday, 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
- July 17, 2021 – Saturday, 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
- August 21, 2021 – Saturday, 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
- September 18, 2020 – Saturday, 8:00 to 11:00 am (Awards banquet 11:00 am to 1:00 pm)
Course of Fire:
- Short (7yd.) — two 5-round series shooting at five different bulleyes on one target sheet. Round will be timed, 15/sec/series
- Med (10yd) — two 5-round series shooting at five different bulleyes on one target sheet. Round will be timed, 15/sec/series
- Long (12yd) — two 5-round series shooting at single bullseye on one single target sheet. Round will be timed, 15/sec/series
Total of six (6) series of 5-rounds for 30 rounds.
- Rimfire "Iron Sights" – all types of guns, semi auto or revolver.
- Rimfire "Optics" – Red Dots or Scopes, all types of guns.
- Centerfire Revolver - any sights.
- Centerfire Semi Auto - any sights.
- Compact – 3" or less barrel, any type of caliber or guns.
- Ladies Only Class (New 2020) – all types of guns, open sights only.
(Ladies can compete in regular divisions if they would prefer)
- Youth Class (New 2020) – Up to 15 years old, all types of gun, open sights only, $2 per round.
- Shooters participating in at least 4 of the 5 matches qualify for the handgun league awards for "Top Shooter" that will be presented at the year-end banquet.
- Shooters can qualify for year-end awards with only one gun per class.
- There is no restriction on the number of rounds per gun or per class.
- Scoring will be done using the numerical values on the targets.
- In the case of a tied numerical score Bullseyes will be used as the tie breakers.
- The shooters top score for the day per class will be used for event and year end awards scoring.
- No restrictions on sights, triggers, or calibers used.
- Shooters may shoot with either 1-hand or 2-hand grip/holds.
- Any/all common handgun stances will be allowed.
- Shooters may NOT use any part of shooting station for stability.
- Revolvers can be fired as either single or double action.
- Shouldered or braced firearms will NOT be allowed, regardless of classification.
- Cost per each adult match round is $3 – this includes "reshoots".
- Proceeds pay for targets and awards presented at end-of-season banquet.
- Any excess proceeds will be returned to DBCL treasury at year end.
- All DBCL Safety Procedures will be in effect.
- All commands and decisions of range officer(s) are final.
- No handling of any uncased firearms while anyone is down range.
- Guns may only be loaded on firing line, at the command of the range officer(s).
- Magazines may be pre-loaded, but out of firearms until range officer(s) commands.
- Any firearms or ammunition that range officer(s) deems unsafe will be removed from event.
- After shooting, do not leave the line until your gun is certified empty and clear by a range officer.
Range officer commands:
- "To the firing line" – Move into position at the shooting station.
- "Prepare 5 Rounds" – Load your magazine or set up revolver rounds.
- "Load 5 Rounds" – Insert magazine and load chamber – load rounds in revolvers.
- "Shooter’s Ready?" – Acknowledge you are ready or request more preparation time.
- "Standby" – Raise firearm to shooting position and aim.
- "FIRE" – Begin firing for the 15 second time period.
- "CEASE FIRE" – Quit firing and set firearm down with muzzle downrange.
- "Unload and show clear" – Remove magazine, empty chamber, and lock action open.
- "Insert chamber flags" – Put a chamber flag into the barrel to show the gun is unloaded.
- "Set or Move Targets" – Once light/bell on and range officer(s) indicates; set or move targets.
- "Case and clear station" – Gather up your unloaded firearm, ammunition, etc. and clear station.